#BlackWorkersMatter: Our new know-your-rights zine for Black workers8月 5, 2020
Legal Aid at Work and the Black Workers Center in Los Angeles have created a new, illustrated, and real-world guide for Black Workers about their legal rights on the job. Its an art-zine that you can view here (as a flip book) or download here (as a PDF).
The guide covers topics such as:
- Race discrimination
- How to request records from your employer
- The rights of workers with conviction histories / the Fair Chance Act
- What you can do if you are falsely accused
- The rights of workers with disabilities
- Pregnancy and parenting
- The rights of Black transgender workers
- Wage theft
- Unemployment insurance
- Workers’ compensation
- The rights of gig workers
We are thankful the many law clerks, staff, and community partners who helped create this resource to inform and empower Black workers.