- If you prefer to donate by phone; Text “WORKERS” to 71777
- United Way (our number: 70292)
- Combined Federal Campaign (our number: 3321)
- Through your employer’s matching gift program (ask your HR rep)
- Consider a bequest: It just takes a call to your attorney to add a charitable gift to your will.
- Donate your car: visit https://www.cardonationservices.com/charities/legal-aid-at-work/ or call (888) 686-4483 for more info.
- Give stock: direct shares to us now (at Schwab One, Account 5486-8336, DTC number 0164; please contact us: 415-593-0138 or [email protected])
- Honor a friend or family member with a gift to Legal Aid at Work.
- Print our donation form and mail it in.
Legal Aid at Work’s annual fund is a primary source of our funding. You can contribute by clicking “donate now” above. Learn more about the annual fund here. See below for other ways to donate to the annual fund.
Sponsor our annual event.
Legal Aid at Work holds one signature fundraising event each year to provide essential support for our services. Each year we celebrate our anniversary with an audience of about 800 people, including attorneys from a wide spectrum of Bay Area and national firms, federal and state judges, public interest leaders and officials, law school professors and social justice activists, and representatives of businesses that serve the legal community.
Designate cy pres funds
When attorneys are resolving class actions, they may consider designating Legal Aid at Work to receive cy pres monies or residual funds. Learn more here.
Other ways to donate
Any gifts may be designated to the annual fund or dinner.
Our Commitment to Our Donors
Legal Aid at Work will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. We will only share personal information if the donor has given us the specific permission to do so.
This policy applies to all information received by Legal Aid at Work, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the Legal Aid at Work website and social media applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
Legal Aid at Work is an independent tax-exempt nonprofit under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our tax is ID 94-2783401. We do not receive support from the federally funded Legal Services Corp., known as LSC. Reach us at Legal Aid at Work, 180 Montgomery St, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94104. Or call Steve Heimerle at 415-593-0138, or email at [email protected]