How to Contact the Employment Development Department

If you’re having trouble speaking with someone at the Employment Development Department—often called the EDD—or have not had any progress made on an issue you’re having, there are a few different ways you can contact the EDD.  

If you have received a Notice of Overpayment or a Notice of Determination, you should file an appeal to request an independent judge to check the EDD’s decision. You can find our instructions on how to appeal at Appeal a Notice of Determination or Notice of Overpayment: How To Protect Your Unemployment Insurance Benefits.

Call The EDD

Get Help from a State Representative or Senator

Ask a Question in the Online Portal

Use AskEdd

Send a Letter by Mail

If these tools have not worked for you, contact our office and we can discuss whether there is specific assistance we can offer.